As Congress gears up for a once-in-a-generation opportunity to reform the tax code, Speaker Ryan has been taking every possible opportunity to meet with American workers and job creators. From his home state of Wisconsin to the West coast states of Oregon and Washington, last week the Speaker spent time with hundreds of hardworking Americans who deserve a tax system that levels playing field. Here are nine photos from his stops along the way.
1. Speaker Ryan answers questions at a town hall with his employers.
2. The Speaker—or Paul as most Wisconsinites know him—began by thanking an American veteran who served in Afghanistan.
3. After the cable news cameras turned off, Paul stuck around to answer more questions and meet with audience members one-on-one.
4. The promise of a future with self-driving cars has to bring peace of mind to any father who is soon to have teenage drivers.
5. The Speaker drones on. (Click here for video.)
6. At Intel headquarters, Speaker Ryan makes the case for tax reform so that even more companies can make things and hire again here in America.
7. From inside the construction of a Boeing fuselage, Speaker Ryan admires the work of these Washington-based workers.
8. The controls of this Boeing 787 Dreamliner are a little more complicated than the drone he flew the day before.
9. From the board room to the shop floor, Boeing employees ask Speaker Ryan questions ranging from tax reform to education, and lots of subjects in between.