Now we know why they call it March Madness. This month, Speaker Ryan met with more than a dozen foreign dignitaries (including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu), signed several important pieces of legislation, gave an official address to the Czech Parliament in Prague, and much more.
Here are eight photos that show some of our favorite moments from the month of March:
1. The Battle of Ideas – During an interview for Ben Shapiro's podcast, Speaker Ryan and the host engage in a lively discussion about political philosophy, natural rights, and the battle of ideas.
2. The Spring Cohort – Speaker Ryan sits down with his offices’ spring interns, answering their questions and offering advice as they start their careers.
3. The Home Depot Visit – While visiting Home Depot in Atlanta, Georgia, to talk about the benefits of tax reform, Speaker Ryan cracks a joke during a drilling demo.
4. The Friends of Ireland Luncheon – Speaker Ryan and the Taoiseach of Ireland, Leo Varadkar, welcome President Trump and Vice President Pence to the Capitol for the annual Friends of Ireland luncheon.
5. The School Safety Discussion – Speaker Ryan meets with Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) and Max and Ryan Schachter—who lost their son and brother, Alex, in the tragic shooting in Parkland—to discuss what more could be done to ensure our country’s schools are safe. Much-needed school safety improvements were signed into law by the president this month.
6. The Fight to #EndTrafficking – Alongside Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH) and Reps. Ann Wagner (R-MO) and Mimi Walters (R-CA), Speaker Ryan signs critical legislation that cracks down on bad-actor websites that facilitate human trafficking.
7. The Czech Address – During a visit to the Czech Republic to address its parliament, Speaker Ryan had the chance to thank U.S. Embassy Prague staff and their families for the sacrifices they make to represent our country.
8. The Prime Minister Meeting – Speaker Ryan welcomes Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to the Capitol, prior to a meeting with members of House leadership.
As for Speaker Ryan’s bracket, there’s always next year.